Monday, October 21, 2013

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

DSC06690


Thick fog, colorful leaves, a cozy warm house, two Golden Retrievers, a Toy Poodle, a handsome man and five beautiful kids.


Home.


I'm so glad we have one.


We are blessed and I am grateful that we have the freedom to educate our own kids.


After several days of constant running, the kids and I are enjoying a quieter day at a slower pace today.


We are getting the house in order, catching up on book reports, science back ground papers, studying for nine week exams and doing plenty of piano practice.


I love that we have the option of taking a day off from the regular routine now and then.


I love that we can snuggle up under soft blankets with cups of steaming tea and read the Bible together.


I love that I can enjoy cuddle time with my kids at home as they are growing up and that I don't have to send them off into the chilly morning every day.


These are just a few of my favorite things.


What are some of yours?


2 comments :

  1. Very nice! Your home sounds warm, loving, comfortable, safe, inviting, and interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Myrna. :) I hope it is! It does work for us so I guess that's a good thing, right? We're looking forward to having you over soon. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete