Thursday, November 14, 2013

Scenes of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving


It can be expressed through different avenues....music, words, writing, photography, art.


I love them all and find I am compelled to express thanksgiving through each of them.


DSC06931


DSC06933


Fall is my favorite season.


I love cozy warm sweaters, thick socks, warm, soft blankets, early fall mornings, reading my Bible in front of a crackling fire in the wood stove, good books, crock pot dinners, fresh hot mugs of coffee in the morning, steaming cups of tea in the evening and colors....lots of gorgeous colors outside.


I can't resist grabbing my camera and heading outdoors to capture glimpses of God's handiwork.


My family members smile and nod with that "oh she's having a moment" look on their faces, when they see that spark of excitement in my eyes as I gaze outside. They are patient as they watch my hand reaching for the camera in the middle of conversations. They give me the freedom to do what I am compelled to do as I shove my feet into my polka dot rubber boots and head outside to capture the sunrise, or the sunset, or a certain lighting that captures my attention. They are amazing.....because they never know when I'll have one of my moments. It isn't always convenient and they know I long to capture whatever it is, before it's gone.


I can't get enough of God's artistry and I'm thankful for a family that understands.


.


DSC06934


I don't have a fancy camera, but I have a camera, which means the photos are simple and unprofessional.


DSC06936


DSC06937


DSC06938


DSC06939


DSC06940


DSC06941


The view from our driveway changes with each season and it is beautiful every single day.


DSC06943


DSC06944


I love our driveway, alive with the colors of fall.


DSC06946


DSC06947


DSC06948


DSC06949


The other morning Rich was making breakfast and I was drinking morning coffee with him as it was cooking.


The best view of the outdoors is through our kitchen window and as the world was waking up, I glanced toward that window and just had to run outside.


The colors of a beautiful sunrise displayed against the backdrop of trees clothed in their fall wardrobe beckoned me to the outdoors.


DSC06950


DSC06951


We don't have a perfect view of the sunrise because we are hemmed in by trees, but we can tell by the colors in the sky when it's a good one.


DSC06952


DSC06953


I had to capture these colors in our back yard while I was out there.


DSC06955


DSC06956-001


 Some of those trees were still fully dressed and others stood stark against the gorgeous, pink sky.


DSC06957


DSC06958


DSC06960


The morning scene yesterday was irresistible once again.  The mountains peaking up through the mist, the stark trees against the morning sky and some brilliant golden leaves, stubbornly clinging to the trees.....I couldn't resist drinking in the fresh air and country morning scenery.


DSC06961


DSC06962


DSC06963


DSC06964


DSC06965


What are you thankful for this season and how are you compelled to show thanksgiving?

No comments :

Post a Comment