Friday, January 10, 2014

Tea Time and Friendship

DSC07913


Yesterday I woke up feeling like I hadn't even slept. I had slept really well, actually, but my body was telling me it is time to slow down a little and take some time to refresh my mind, relax and re-group.


What? Are you kidding me?  I must be hearing the wrong message.


With a busy household of five kids, home schooling, errand running, piano lesson taxi driving, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning, older kids, grandchildren.....um, yeah....that's not gonna happen. At least not without some planning and preparing for it.


Over the past twenty-eight years, since I became a parent, I have learned that I have to "plan" relaxation time.


I have to let some things go and prioritize.


More importantly, I have to seek God for wisdom and guidance for each day and how that day is supposed to look.


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5,6


It's never ceases to amaze me, how much more God knows about me and my needs than I do. He knows my needs BEFORE I do and yesterday I was reminded of this once again.


It was supposed to be a busy afternoon of piano taxi driving and errand running and a tea date with a precious friend. We have been trying to get together for tea for a couple of months now and have had to cancel for various reasons twice, so I knew cancelling that was out. The piano teacher called, though (which rarely happens) and cancelled piano lessons, so that was one thing off my plate for the afternoon.


Kathy took me to the sweetest, most beautiful place for tea.


It's in the old Grainery Building in our area. Very quaint and beautiful.


We had the most relaxing, enjoyable two hours together, next to a fire place, enjoying tea, scones and a sweet visit.


DSC07914


DSC07915


DSC07917


God knew just what I needed. I needed time to refresh with a good friend.



DSC07916


The tea was delicious. The scones, were a treat I rarely partake in. The conversation was uplifting.


I had energy to get my errand running done and do an intense workout after preparing dinner last night.


This morning I have two friends coming over, in their pajamas for coffee.


Perfect!


 

2 comments :

  1. Pajama coffee time?? Perfect!! Years ago, I took part in a group that took turns hosting breakfast our homes. It was always early morning, but we never thought about attending in pajamas. That would have made it even better! Have a great day, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, it really was perfect! We had coffee and delicious GF baked donuts, my daughter made for us, by the fire. The conversation was fun and wonderful and I love these ladies who came over in their jammies. It was so cozy and relaxed. I love the idea of your early morning breakfast group. How fun! :) Yes....I agree, pajamas would make it even better. :) Great to hear from you and you have a great day too! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete