Friday, March 7, 2014

Eating To Heal and Thrive

So, in my last post, "Is Gluten Free the Way to Be?" I shared some facts about gluten, leaky gut and leaky brain. I also shared that my test results showed that I am highly allergic to gluten, eggs and soy. You can read that post here:http://nurturingtheheart.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/the-gluten-free-fad-and-me/

Last night was the first time we went out to dinner after I learned that I can not cheat with gluten and that eggs are a no-no for me. It was a little more challenging choosing what to eat for dinner, but Red Robin has a pretty good gluten free menu. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't have their gluten free hamburger bun with my bruschetta chicken breast, because it had eggs in it, but the chicken breast itself was so good along with the pesto and salad that went with it, that I quickly got over my disappointment. Without the bun, there are fewer calories too, right? So there's the other bright side. I'm so used to eating bunless hamburgers, it really isn't a big deal and I've learned how to spice things up so well that I don't even miss the bun most of the time.

This morning my kids made delicious egg free, gluten free pancakes and we had warm organic berries sweetened with a little stevia on them. Yum! They used the Pamela's gluten free pancake mix for the pancakes and replaced the egg with a flax meal and water mixture. They were healthy, satisfying and delicious!

GF, Egg free pancake batter GF, egg free pancakes and berries

GF, Egg free pancakes

Yesterday I had a burrito for lunch. My friend, Tracy, found these at Safeway and they are really good. They meet all the criteria: gluten free, egg free, soy free, non GMO and the most important criteria of texture and taste. They are really good!  I made a salad with creamy avocado dressing to eat with it. Perfect!

Gluten free, egg free burrito and salad with creamy avocado dressing

One thing I forgot to mention about my Dr. appointment is supplements. I am taking some great, natural supplements to help heal my insides and I was pretty happy when the doctor wrote this at the bottom of her recommendations:

photo (2)

I think I can handle that!

Stay tuned for more recipes and gluten free, egg free and soy free meal ideas. I'll be back!

No comments :

Post a Comment