Friday, March 21, 2014

Teff Flour....Amazing Stuff!

Since I found out I need to be gluten free and egg free, the challenge to enjoy a variety of different foods for breakfast has become rather limited, without a lot of work and preparation ahead. The cool part is that I rather enjoy a good challenge! I love to try new foods and new recipes and as a result we have had some delicious breakfasts that we wouldn't have even thought of or knew existed if there hadn't been a necessity to discover them.

The other morning we had Teff Porridge. I discovered Teff flour through my Flying Apron Gluten Free and Vegan BREAD cook book. I purchased some for one of the recipes I wanted to try and since I am a die hard label reader, I discovered that it is actually pretty amazing stuff.

Teff Flour Informatino

I decided to try the Teff Porridge with raisins, instead of dates since I was fresh out of dates and actually prefer raisins in cereal.

Teff Flour Teff Porridge Recipe

It was AMAZING! Everyone in our family gave it a thumbs up and seconds were requested by all.

Teff Porridge

We added coconut milk to it and ate it hot. It was delicious, filling and the perfect way to start the day.

Teff Porridge with Greek Yogurt, Raisins, Cloves, Honey and Almond Coconut Milk

Since I am at risk for insulin resistance and borderline anemic, I was happy to read that Teff flour is high in iron and low on the glycemic index. Check out this link, if you would like to know more about the benefits of Teff Flour:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/CharlotteBradley/Teff-Flour.htm

So....if you are looking for a gluten free, egg free, delicious breakfast that is packed full of good nutrition. This one takes about twenty minutes from start to finish and preparation is simple. I'd say we have a winner, folks!

1 comment :

  1. We are additionally sending out other unique items everywhere throughout the world. We are known for the most part for our entrenched global exchanges of teff flour and working together principally in the business sectors of USA, Europe, Middle East, India and China. We offer amazing items and incredible transportation administration.

    ReplyDelete