Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Decompression Time

It's been a busy fall and I am tired. It's amazing how much running around a mom is required to do and while I don't mind doing some running, the perpetual motion seems to have taken on a life of its own. After a minimum of ten days straight (I believe it has been about 150 days more than that, but I am being conservative here) of running at least one errand a day....and usually at least three or four, I am at home for a few hours this afternoon.
I have this sweet little LazyBoy rocker recliner in our beautiful bedroom, that was placed there with the intention of providing a place for my husband and/or me to read and relax, quietly.....away from the noise and activity of a busy household. Today I decided to be intentional about putting it to use. I have my cup of coffee, my freshly bathed lap dog, and a good book. It's quiet, relaxing and cozy and especially so because it's raining outside.

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

We moms need to take time to re-fuel and refresh. I found myself being very crabby with my family over the past few day. I am easily stressed out, tearful, and snappy. These are red flags that tell me it's time to refuel. It's time to get off the roller coaster and be responsible to take care of my body's need to rest. I can't keep fueling the family if my tank is on empty, and fellow moms, you can't either, so don't feel guilty about taking some time to regroup, relax, and refuel. We all need it. It's how we are designed. Find that quiet space where you can think, pray, decompress, process, and just rest.

Your family really will thank you for it and you will gain a new, fresh, perspective. Especially if you include a little Bible and prayer time in those quiet moments.

"Casting all your anxieties on Him, because he cares for you." I Peter 5:7

No comments :

Post a Comment