Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Medieval Photo Shoot

She turned sixteen the other day, and her friend, Elizabeth did too.
 
These two have celebrated most of their birthdays together since they were eight years old, and they commemorated their sixteenth birthdays together as well. Elizabeth was here a couple of weeks ago to celebrate Natalie's birthday, and Natalie attended the medieval ball held in honor of Elizabeth's sixteenth birthday.
 
Natalie came home early with a headache, but she patiently and sweetly allowed me take some pictures of her in her medieval costume, anyway.
 
Normally I would post a photo shoot on my photography blog, but it's under construction right now and is rather indisposed, so....please bear with me posting a photo shoot here instead.
 
Her hair looked beautiful the way she had it done, so I started with the back.
 
Isn't she lovely? 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


5 comments :

  1. You look beautiful, Natalie! ^_^ Made me think of the lyrics at the beginning of Ed Sheeran's song Tenerife Sea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabby, thank you for your comment. I'll make sure Natalie sees it! Just curious....which picture would you probably choose as a favorite?

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Tabby!!! It's simply wonderful to be compared to one of Ed's songs.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is so enchanting. Just beautiful Jana, I know you are proud in a good way. : ) The photos look as if they are a painting.

    Did you make the corset? I would love to make something like that, I love the style.

    Bless you Jana, you are a dear. xo amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, thank you so much! Photography is one of my passions. It is such a fun way to "do art" and give thanks to God through the lens of my camera. There's so much to be grateful for, isn't there? The beauty of His creation, our children, and the many precious moments that are gone so soon....I feel compelled to capture it all. DRIVES my family nuts sometimes! HA! My friend Lee, made the corset. She is so talented. I am grateful that there are people in my life who can actually sew and do it well, because that is one area I am not gifted in! :) I'll bet you would do an amazing job on a project like that. From what I've seen you are very talented in the sewing/craft department.
      Blessings to you, my friend!

      Jana

      Delete