Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sun Fun With The Grandkiddos

Our daughter and five of our grandkiddos came out for a visit today.
 
The weather was gorgeous!
 
 
 
The kids spent the majority of the day outside playing in the woods, on the trampoline, and in the pool. 
 
 
I did not follow them around shooting them with my camera.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cooper thinks his Uncle Noah is pretty cool. :)
 
 
 
 
 
Nama and Cooper took a little walk while his mommy took a nap, and the other kids were busy building forts and trails in the woods with their aunties and uncles.
 
 
 
 
 
He was fascinated with pretty much everything.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He couldn't wait to hug the Golden Girls when we came back up the driveway.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We set up the pool and the kids had water gun fights, and I may or may not have sprayed them with the hose a time or two while I was filling the pool.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The boys had to check out the progress on the neighbor's house as it's being built.
 
 
 
 
 
Everyone took a little walk
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The neighbor "kids" came out to see what the action was all about.
Aren't they awesome?
 
 
News Flash!
We are going to be grandparents again and we're very excited!
 There's a little boy tucked in my daughter's tummy.
He is due to arrive sometime in October 2016.
Please keep him/them in your prayers as the first ultra sound showed some possible trisomy markers. They will know more in the next few weeks when they have another ultra sound done to check the markers again.
 
 
The grandkiddos love the goats
 
 
There's something so sweet about sisters
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a wonderful way to spend a beautiful, warm, spring day.
 
We are so blessed to have our kids and grandkiddos all close by, and it's really special watching the aunties and uncles, and nieces and nephews, all growing up together!
 
Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Beki! (((Hugs)))

      Delete
  2. I am praying about your daughter's baby. What markers did they find? I guess you know my Lilly had Trisomy 18. It can be such a nerve wracking time to wait ... praying for peace and a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!
      Thank you for your prayers. As you know, they are really appreciated. I am unclear on the markers. I know they saw a shadow in the heart area and that his head measured in the low end of the abnormally small range. It was a little bit confusing to me when Brandi explained it. Yes, it is nerve wracking for sure and yet we do know and believe that God doesn't make mistakes. Could you by chance tell me a little bit about the markers with Lily? Yes Christine has told me about her and has shown me pictures and what a cutie she was. Thank you so much for your comment and for your prayers and any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated. Blessings to you, Jana

      Delete
    2. Hi Jana - First, and I'm sure you all know this, I can not tell you how many people I have met that were told their baby had a Trisomy but the baby was born perfectly normal! However, God did not choose that for Lilly. She was "incompatible with life" according to doctors, but PERFECT according to us. I agree - God does not make mistakes!
      Here are the links to 2 blogposts I did about my first 2 ultrasounds with Lilly. I described Lilly's markers:
      http://pray4lilly.blogspot.com/2011/02/flashback-first-ultrasound_21.html
      http://pray4lilly.blogspot.com/2011/02/flashback-second-ultrasound.html

      Delete
    3. Hi Lisa,

      Thanks so much for your kind encouragement and for sharing these links with me. I haven't gotten to read them yet, but I will! :)
      God certainly does not make mistakes and Lilly was just precious. He wastes nothing. It amazes me how far reaching His creations and situations He allows in our lives really are. Lilly's life brought our kids together over the many miles and allowed us to meet you. I know that's just one small, little, tiny, party of the big picture, but we are so glad to have met your family even if it's not in person.
      Blessings to you! <3
      Jana

      Delete