Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My Addiction, A Red Sun, And The Golden Girls

This is the first time I have ever seen a June so dry in our area.
We usually have a very rainy, cool, month of June, and summer makes its debut in July, but not this year.  We only experienced two or three days of rain during the entire month.
The temperatures have been much warmer than normal ranging from the mid seventies to the low nineties. Our grass is already brown, and fire danger is high.
 
Our neighbors to the north are dealing with wild fires, and there have been brush fires along the freeway in various places surrounding our valley.
 
The other night we took our Golden Girls out for one of our many summer evening walks, and the sun was red. We think wild fires are responsible for the haze, and the appearance of a red sun. The beauty of it was intense, yet a little eerie.
 
I took these pictures with my I-Phone 6, because I was going to be self-controlled that evening, and left my camera at home. HA! Fat chance. I guess I have to leave the phone at home too, if I want success in that department. I admit it freely. I have an addiction, much to my family's dismay. Hopefully one day they will see some sort of beauty in my lack of self control, but for now.....I hope they forgive me for constantly shooting everything in site.
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

Levi was thrilled to discover our blackberries are rapidly ripening, about three-four weeks early
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
Counting my blessings, always.....

4 comments :

  1. Tabby & I are glad you took a camera! You take great pictures. Your post made Tabby think of this quote: "A red sun rises. Blood has been spilt this night." She wanted to know if your girls recognized it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! You bless me, much! Ah, "Lord of the Rings!" I couldn't remember which movie it was from, so Christine reminded me. :)

      Delete
  2. These are great, Jana! Never stop 'shooting'... I love your photos! Love the ones with the full red sun... God's artistry is always so amazing!!

    One day the kids WILL be grateful their Momma took so many photos! I wish I'd had a good camera when my girls hit their teens (the one I had broke and I couldn't afford to replace it.). It wasn't till I got my first iPhone (4S) that I could take pics again... now I have the 6, too, and love it, especially when Judah comes to visit!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I am so addicted, I think the only way I could stop would be if my camera broke, lol! Yes....He is the most amazing artist ever! His creation never ceases to amaze me. :) Wow, I'm so glad you have a camera again. I'm sure you will get some great pics of Judah in the coming years. What a blessing! <3
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and say hello. Love you, friend!

      Delete