Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sing It Again, Neemaw!

 
Our two year old grandson spent the night with Neemaw and Papa last night.
 
He may be small, but he's big in personality!
 
Our visit consisted of a swim in the pool with his Uncle Levi, rocking out with Neemaw and falling asleep in the process, playing with all the uncles, following his Auntie Natalie around while chewing her out for making a mess out of some wrapping paper supplies, (which was hilarious very scary), watching Veggie Tales, drinking loads of water, going potty, singing songs, playing the "who's who?" game with Papa, snuggling puppies, giving lots of hugs and kisses, and hamming it up to keep everyone laughing.
 
The best part for me, was tucking him in at night and praying with him.....and then kissing his sweet, chubby cheeks while he laughed and hid under the blanket, then popped his head out for more kisses.
 
 
We were so busy having fun, that we didn't take many pictures, but these capture the adorableness of his essence and they were taken recently. <3
 
 
 
 
I did manage to take a picture of him after he fell asleep in the rocking chair with me. This little man has stolen his Neemaw's heart!
 
 
 
As I was driving him home this morning I started singing.
 
One of the songs I sang was
 
Some of the words to that song go like this:
"Holy God make me holy.  Merciful God, give me a merciful heart.  Lover of souls help me love them too, so I can be more like you. Holy God, Merciful Father, I want to be more like you. I need to be more like you. In all that I say and all that I do, I want to be a perfect reflection of your character and ways so when people look at me they'll be seeing you.  Oh Father make it true. Make it true of me today."
 
After I finished the song, Cooper said "Sing it again, Neemaw!"  So we talked a little bit about what the song means together. It was the sweetest moment ever, and then he requested a second time "Sing it again, Neemaw!" So, I sang it one more time, and then we sang "This Little Light of Mine" and "Jesus Loves Me" and we sang several songs all the way to his house. As soon as I finished singing one song, he would request another one.  I was thinking in that moment about my experiences and memories with my own grandparents and how they modeled their love for Jesus to us grandkids. God was very big to them and very real and their lives reflected that. Their lives reflected His unconditional love and I always felt loved and cared for and very special when I was with them. Grandpa read the Bible to us every morning when we stayed at their house. We prayed together with them every morning, and before bed.  Grandma sang little hymns to us, sometimes even in Swedish when I was really young.  The legacy my grandparents left has lived on in my heart and soul. It has given me a desire to leave that kind of legacy for my own grandchildren.
 
As grandparents, we have an opportunity to speak into the lives of our grandbabies and as I was singing the words of "Holy God Make Me Holy," I was thinking about how much I truly desire to be a perfect reflection of God's character and ways. The words are so profound. The meaning of each one was penetrating my heart as I sang.....and what a blessing to hear my little two year old grandson ask me to
 
"Sing it again, Neemaw!"
 
 

 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment